Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Review: Slave to Sensation

Slave to Sensation Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I took a chance last year (or was it 2016?) with my Wednesday UF group to try out Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series, and other than book three (which I didn't care for) and the overuse and abuse throughout the entire series of the word "sheath" as a metaphor for female genitalia, I really enjoyed it.

It took me a while to get to this series. It's a little more intimidating than Guild Hunter (as it's been going for a while more than GH, and thus has more books in the series), and I was in the middle of a bunch of series. But it's on my 2018 plan to read this whole series and catch up, and I'm glad I finally picked this up!

Despite the terrible name and cheesy cover, this story was a gem. Top-notch UF world and just the right amount of romance. I'd actually say it's right down the middle of PNR and UF, because, honestly, there was plenty of focus outside of the romance.

She's built a very intriguing world in this first book, and I'll definitely be jumping into book two sooner rather than later... *glances at giant pile of ARCs to get through first*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment